Logic and Philosophy of Science
The Master's Degree in Logic and Philosophy of Science is jointly organised by the universities of Salamanca, Valladolid, Santiago de Compostela, Autónoma de Madrid, La Laguna and A Coruña. Its activity is based on:
- The study of reasoning, paying special attention to conflict resolution by rational discussion, addresses both the theoretical problem of rationality and discourse, and the practical field of cultural criticism and mediation.
- The study of the various information technologies and the formal problems of development, the possibility of Artificial Intelligence and its future as Intelligent Systems. Furthermore, the study and development of specific languages for the so-called semantic web.
- The study of Science and its social conflicts, the evaluation and implementation processes of technology and the social assessment of its effects as well as its history provides a practical and theoretical dimension which is in great demand by both institutions and public.
- The study of the relationship between language and world, the cognitive models and their application to artificial intelligence as well as problems relating to communication, speech acts and pragmatics, and the meaning, purpose and theories of mental representation are issues with tremendous scope for philosophical investigation.
For further information about the master's degree, please click here
- Curso 2010/2011
- Facultad de Filosofía
- Programme Director/Co-ordinator:
- Obdulia Torres González (En la U. Salamanca)
María Caamaño (U. Valladolid) curso 2012-13
- Teaching Style:
- Académica e Investigadora
- 1 Curso académico
- Nº ECTS:
- 60 créditos ECTS
- Course Title:
- Máster Univer. en Lógica y Filosofía de la Ciencia por las Univ. de Salamanca, Valladolid, S. de Compostela, Aut. de Madrid, La Laguna y A Coruña
- Number of entry places:
- Mínimo: 20
- Fees (euro):
- Pendiente de publicación para el curso 2013/2014
- Becas, ayudas y de movilidad: